For More Information or to Book This Course
This course is aimed at those who work with children in a variety of settings including schools, youth programmes, family support centres, community groups etc. The course aims to enhance awareness and encourage good practice.
The recent increase of the identification of Child Sexual Exploitation has ensured people working with children need to identify the risks of CSE.
It is important for anyone who works in childcare settings to recognise the responsibility for safeguarding children and young people
– Explore attitudes, values and legislation with regard to safeguarding children
– Understand broad definitions of child abuse and neglect and how to recognise possible abuse
– Dealing, recording and reporting appropriately with disclosures
– Have an awareness of how a child’s race, culture, gender and ability inform an assessment of their needs
– Child Sexual Exploitation – warning signs, risk increase, how children are targeted, internet and social media issues
– Procedure on suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of suffering harm
– Understanding the Child Protection system and professional roles within this
– Understanding how discrimination can impact on children and families in the child protection system and to develop anti – oppressive practice
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE