For More Information or to Book This Course
This course gives an overview of the subject for professionals who want to increase their theoretical understanding and practical confidence in relation to emotional development and well being.
Most people feel low or ‘blue’ occasionally. Feeling sad or anxious is a normal reaction to experiences that are stressful or upsetting. When these feelings go on and on, or dominate and interfere with your whole life, it can become an illness.
– The range of affective disorders; typical onset, development, prognosis and treatments
– Exploration of personal reactions and dilemmas in working with depressed clients
– Finding ways to effectively engage clients who may be withdrawn and difficult to motivate
– Developing strategies with clients to overcome their depression
– Practicing skills in cognitive restructuring
– Working with relatives to enlist their support in the treatment programme
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE