For More Information or to Book This Course
This course is practical and hands on for delegates participating. The course offers an insight into many forms of disability through simulation and is led by two disable tutors. The workshop aims to answer the 2 questions people want to ask about disability issues:
• 1 How would I know a person has a disability? e.g. identifying specific disabilities.
• 2 How do I enable disabled people to access my services? e.g. encouraging a ‘can-do’ approach. The workshop also aims to:
• Explore five areas of disability – i.e. blind and partial sight, learning difficulties/disabilities, deaf issues, mental health and mobility.
• Encourage participants to recognise barriers towards disabled people that exist in their organisation and working practices, and to look for ways to remove them.
• Introduce good manners and best practice to ensure an equal service is provided for disabled people.
• Help organisations comply with legislation.
Content also includes:
• Statistics and terminology for specific groups of disabled people.
• Lively and interactive debates, games and quizzes.
• An opportunity for participants to ask specific questions on disability issues.
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE