For More Information or to Book This Course
This one day course examines the current approach to dual diagnosis and how best to support the service user. Medically orientated services can’t always help with multiple non-medical problems like these, which often reflect the social stigma, that people with dual diagnosis face. They are not only drug users, but also mentally ill: two of the most stigmatised groups in society.
The course is designed for delegates to better understand the areas of Dual Diagnosis
– Examine how alcohol and drugs can cause states of psychosis
– Understand drugs that can aggravate mental health problems
– Discuss the more prominent mental health conditions
– Recognise help and services available to service users
– Explore The Dual diagnosis good practice guide
Various teaching methods will be used and delegates will be involved in team exercises, Case studies, individual contributions and buzz groups.
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE