For More Information or to Book This Course
First aid is the help given to an injured person before medical treatment can be obtained; with Mental Health Recovery the principle is the same.
This course will introduce the delegates to a number of strategies to help people with mental health problems before they develop into crisis, and reinforce understanding of awareness. Staff will develop their understanding of the principles of Recovery Star and expected outcomes for service users in this process
– What is meant by mental health/mental ill health
– The signs and symptoms of common mental health problems including depression, anxiety disorders, and psychosis
– The range of effective interventions and treatments
– How to access help and support.
5 steps to Mental Health Recovery
– Assess risk of harm to self or others
– Listen non judgmentally
– Give reassurance and information
– Encourage person to get appropriate professional help if needed
– Encourage self-help strategies
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE