For More Information or to Book This Course
This course aims to provide understanding of contemporary issues relating to the care of people who have multiple sclerosis and complex needs. The course is intended for nurses and other health professionals involved in the community care of people who are moderately or severely affected by multiple sclerosis.
– An overview of assessment and diagnosis of MS.
– Care pathways and treatment guidelines (NICE).
– Role of the multidisciplinary team and access to services.
– Symptom management e.g. cognition and mood, spasticity, bladder and bowel problems, fatigue, speech and communication difficulties, diet and assisted feeding, pain sexual problems, recognition of problems requiring immediate attention or referral.
– Social and quality of life issues e.g. self-esteem, social activities and transport, end of life issues
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE