For More Information or to Book This Course
This practical four hour Medicines Administration course is suitable for all levels of staff from those new to administering medication to experienced nurses and is accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (2012).
This is a practical workshop where we will assess certain staff competencies to administer and record medicines correctly.
A study in 2011 on how nurses administered oral medicines to patients with and without dysphagia (difficulty of swallowing) showed out of 2129 cases of medicines administered, 38% contained some type of error.
Using two simulated medicines rounds, staff must reach a certain standard by the second simulated medicines round to gain a certificate.
– How to record medicines taken on time
– How to record medicines given late or early
– How to record flexible doses
– How to record refused items
– Different options for recording when required medicines
– How to select the correct medication
– How to check once opened dates and expiry dates
– How to check cautionary and advisory labels
– How to give and record medicines in a systematic way, avoiding medication errors
– Simulated medicines round no. 1
– Simulated medicines round no. 2
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE