For More Information or to Book This Course
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly.
Our one day training course is for you if you are employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety and legislation enabling you to work safely and effectively out in the field.
Due to the use of pesticides, it is important that you are able to read and interpret product information in order to participate in this course.
- Understand your duties under the law and help you become a safe and competent pesticide user.
- Understand what pesticides are and their ‘field of use’.
- State legislation relevant to pesticide application.
- Interpret and use label information.
- Take the appropriate action to protect themselves and the environment.
- Store and transport pesticides safely.
- Dispose of the pesticides and containers safely.
- Record information
AT YOUR WORKPLACE VENUE