For More Information or to Book This Course
A course designed to provide information on all aspects of Wound Care. This course is relevant to all staff within the Care sector.
All delegates, following the course should be able to:
– Understand the anatomy and physiology of the skin
– Understand the different types of wound and their causes
– Understand wound healing
– Understand the wound care and Dressings options that are available
– Understand the importance of reporting changes to skin integrity
– Understand the resources/professionals who the person with a wound can be referred to
– Understand wound care charts and documentation around wounds using local documentation
Classroom based activities, which build on existing skills and knowledge combined with quizzes to provide relevant information on Wound Care. Comprehensive handouts will be provided with web sites for further reading. Handouts will be made available, through email, to any group member who may require them in a different format.
3 hours but may be altered following discussion
Suitable training venue with access to bed and wheelchair for people handling
NUMBER OF DELEGATES
12 if possible but more following discussion